- Monday 22nd Oct 2018
- 10:00 – 14:00
- Edinburgh School of Food & Wine
Tasting is an essential part of studying for the WSET L3 Award in Wines and you will need to taste a minimum of 12 wines. The Systematic Approach to Tasting (SAT) Add-On Tutorial has been designed to introduce you to the WSET’s Level 3 SAT, using the most important wine styles as examples.
The SAT provides a framework for analysing a wine, allowing the taster to focus on the key characteristics of the wine in their glass, this helps you:
- determine the style of the wine
- build a portfolio of tasting notes developing your knowledge of the world’s wines
- identify whether the wine is “fit for purpose”
- write an accurate tasting note, for use on a restaurant wine list, for personal records or to help describing the wine to customers or friends
- make an objective and unbiased judgement on the quality of the wine
- to pass the WSET Examination and achieve the qualification!
The cost includes a 4 hour tasting tutorial of the essential samples.
For more details regarding the WSET L3 Award in Wines please click here.
The tutorial is held at our Edinburgh study centre, Edinburgh School of Food & Wine.
The tutorial can be booked as part of a bundle study plan or as a stand-alone event.
Payment by BACS transfer is preferred. Please complete the booking form and select pay on invoice. Invoices will be sent out within 24 hours of receiving your booking. Alternatively please select PayPal to make your payment by credit or debit card.
Course instructions will be emailed to you within 24 hours of receipt of your booking form and payment.
Bookings are closed for this event.